Burnham Pens - Model Numbers and Dating

Hi

I’ve just acquired 2 boxes of Burnham pens, uninked.

There are 49, 51, 54, 56, B59 and C models. My research shows that from the slogan on the box and the vertically engraved “Burnham” on the clip indicates 1948 onwards. Prices on the labels range from 10/9 to 17/6 (old money)

Any help with dating the pens and how the numbering system worked would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Hi, check out the Burnham reference pages on our website, http://burnham.wesonline.co.uk/Burnhamography_Starts.html.

😀

• Hi WES_Webmaster

Thanks for your comment - I have already discovered your website which is full of information. However the download links on the The Numbered Pens page don’t seem to work. I’m thinking if they did I would find a wealth of information regarding the various pen numbers?

Cheers

• Hi

We were given permission to copy the Burnham website many years ago, and at the time the owner had not updated it for a long time, but the links did work at the time it was copied. The linked site Has presumably Been taken down and there is nothing we are able to do about it unfortunately.

• Hi

Thanks for taking the time to respond, much appreciated. A shame the linked site has gone but there’s still a lot of information for me to glean from the remaining Burnham site.

Cheers